Perusing my Hydro bill since the new “meter installation” is sure odd.
After comparing to my previous three years’ bills, without hainv any addional electrical source installed, nor the thermostat raised above 20 degrees C, I sure wonder:
• My bill Dec. 8, 2010, for 63 days, reads $149.62;
• My bill for Dec. 7, 2011, for 60 days, reads $108.49;
• My bill for Nov. 5, 2012, for 59 days, reads $514.75;
• My bill for Dec. 7, 2012, for 62 days, reads $547.55;
• My bill for Feb. 7, 2013, for 60 days, reads $842.56.
Hello, hello — notwithstanding that everything keeps going up, for a senior citizen on a fixed income, the above increase in just one cost is not tolerable.
Efforts to speak to B.C. Hydro personnel in Squamish is not possible. There is no public access. By chance, a local Hydro employee was willing to look at my meter, found it fast and stated that he will report it.
No action has happened so far. I wonder how many people elsewhere have had the same experience, or am I the only victim?