According to several media reports, a six-year-old Squamish boy is in serious condition after suffering third degree burns at a townhouse in Brackendale on Saturday (Nov. 30) night.
Crews responded to the townhouse in the 41000 block of Government Road just after 9:30 p.m. on Saturday after flammable material close to the townhouse's fireplace caught fire.
The boy investigated the commotion and suffered third degree burns as a result.
The boy is reportedly in stable condition.
Squamish RCMP was unable to comment on the matter when contacted.
Stay tuned to The Chief for more details on this breaking story.