Woodfibre LNG has given $29,000 to 14 various Squamish charities and local groups as part of its community sponsorship program.
“This year, our community sponsorship program has been more important than ever, as we all come to terms with the devastating economic effects of the global pandemic,” said David Keane, president of Woodfibre LNG, in a news release.
“It is a priority for us at Woodfibre to continue to support our local schools, services and organizations that make a vital contribution to the community of which we are proud to be a part. In May and June, we received over a dozen applications, and we are thrilled to be able to provide funding to so many well-deserving local organizations.”
On top of their grant, the Axemen Rugby Club was given an additional $1,000.
This choice was made after Woodfibre ran a voting contest asking locals who would best deserve the extra cash.
Woodfibre released the list of grant recipients. However, the amount each organzition received was not specified.
The recipients are as follows:
1. Sea to Sky Forestry Centre Society
2. The Squamish Hospital Foundation
3. Howe Sound Marine Rescue Society
4. Crisis Centre and Suicide Prevention Centre of British Columbia
5. Squamish Seniors Centre Society
6. Ècole Squamish Elementary
7. Pride Squamish
8. 4 th Squamish Scout Group
9. Skate Sea2Sky Club
10. Second Chance Cheekye Ranch
11. The Yoga Bunny
12. Axemen Rugby Club
13. Squamish Air Cadet Squadron
14. Airhouse Sports Academy Squamish