Skip to content

Mountain biker fundraising for Foundry Sea to Sky

Squamish’s Coen Skrypnek will downhill ride numerous mountains in the corridor to raise funds for Foundry and his World Cup travel.

A local elite mountain biking athlete is fundraising for Foundry Sea to Sky and a travel fund for the World Cup Circuit by downhill riding every shuttle-able mountain between Mount Seymour and Pemberton.

Coen Skrypnek will embark on the fundraising event, dubbed Dusk Till Dawn, on April 29 and 60% of the proceeds will go towards Foundry while the other 40% will go to his travel fund.

Skrypnek wrote in a news release that he chose Foundry, in part, because of how many children and youth are affected by mental illness in Canada. But, he also wrote that his family sought help for mental health as well.

“In 2021 and 2022, the effects of the pandemic and a variety of challenges found three of four of our family members at low points within a span of these two years. With anything we need to work on, we sought help from a professional,” he wrote.

“I want to promote reaching out and finding help for those who are struggling,” he continued. “I want to make people feel comfortable discussing these things. It’s OK  to not be OK, and when we talk openly about it, improvements can be made.”

Additionally, every donation of $25 or more will be entered into a raffle, where winners can earn gift baskets filled with goods from Squamish and Sea to Sky businesses. There will also be an after-party event held in Whistler with more details and a location to come.

To support Skrypnek and to learn more, please visit his GoFundMe page about the event.


push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks