Skip to content

Climber hurt at Malamute Saturday


Squamish Fire Rescue worked with the BC Ambulance Service to bring an injured climber down the Malamute on Saturday (May 21).

Firefighter Bob Fulton said the climber suffered a broken foot and other injuries after falling.

The incident happened at 2 p.m. and Fulton said packing the victim back to Hwy. 99 took a few hours. The firefighters had to create a few belay stations to safely move the woman down from the Malamute.

Sun causes propane leak

Squamish Fire Rescue was called to a home to deal with a leaking propane tank on Monday (May 24).

Fulton said the tank was recently filled and then placed in direct sunlight. The tank was overfilled and according to Fulton, the expansion of the gas in the tank caused some of the gas to leak out through the release valve on the tank.

Fulton is recommending propane tanks be stored out of the sun after they are refilled.

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks