While rumours have swirled around town that between one to four dogs have died from eating drug-laced feces or vomit downtown or near the oceanfront in recent weeks, no such reports have been made to Squamish RCMP in the last several months.
"There was one report of a dog who had ingested drugs while on a walk in the downtown area back at the beginning of the year, but that dog was treated and at the time of report was healthy and well again," said RCMP's Cont. Eden Johner in an email to The Squamish Chief.
"There have been no such reports of multiple dogs ingesting/dying of drugs in Squamish."
Obviously, these things may have happened and not have been reported to the police.
To report anything concerning, the Squamish RCMP non-emergency line is 604-892-6100. There is also an online non-emergency RCMP reporting tool.
(The RCMP does not accept reports of crime by email or social media.)
The Squamish Chief would also like to hear from any pet owners whose pet this has happened to in the last few months.
We can be reached at email@example.com.